Find out what you need for a successful application and enrollment at the 凯发 regional education center near you.
To apply to 凯发, you’ll need to submit the following documents:
- A completed application for admission—apply online to waive the application fee
- Official transcripts OR official reports for advanced placement from each college and university you previously attended
Official transcripts must be sent directly from the granting institution. They must not pass through your hands.
- Official transcript of your high school record (if seeking admission as a freshman). Any of the following documents are acceptable:
- Official high school transcript
- Official GED certificate or score report
- Evidence of a passing score on tests recognized by the state, such as the High School Equivalency Test (HSET) or the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC)
- Official college or university transcript that lists your high school graduation date
- Option for international students: Official transcripts verifying completion of secondary education
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DSST scores, if you don’t have a previous high school or college transcript
- Official proof of English proficiency (if English is not your native language)
Send all required documents to:
Upper Iowa University
P.O. Box 1857
Fayette, IA 52142
Once you’ve been accepted to 凯发 as a new student, you must register for your first class with your admissions counselor or academic advisor.
For your next classes, you can register through my凯发, Upper Iowa University’s online portal. Step-by-step instructions for course registration are listed on the student tab and in the student handouts. After you register for your first course, you’ll receive a username and password through your academic program.
Courses at regional education centers are available for enrollment in any of the six sessions offered each year. Registration begins approximately six weeks before the start of each session, and you’re strongly encouraged to register early since classes can fill up quickly.
Tuition and any course-related fees are due at the time of registration. Payment is due prior to the first day of class either by check or credit card. Payment may be made through the my凯发 portal in a secure environment.
In addition to the 凯发 regional center admissions requirements, veteran, active-duty and reservist military students will need to submit the following documents:
- DD 214, if you’re applying for veteran’s benefits
- DD295, CCAF or Joint Service Transcript for active duty military and reservists
Any transcripts must be sent directly from the granting institution. They must not pass through your hands.
Registration and Enrollment
- Active-duty Army and Army Reserve personnel: You must register through the ArmyIgnitED portal.
- All other military personnel using military tuition assistance (MTA): You must have your education officer approve the class and submit the completed TA form to your advisor.
- Learners who do not use MTA through ArmyIgnitED: An approved copy of the MTA form must be supplied to your advisor.
All military tuition assistance forms must be received before the first day of the session. If you need assistance applying for Military Tuition Assistance, please contact your respective education office.
More admissions information and guidance is available for military and veteran students.
In addition to the 凯发 regional center admissions requirements, teachers in Iowa seeking additional endorsements must submit a copy of their current teaching license.
If you have credits from another college or tested out of certain course work, you may be able to apply those credits to your degree program at 凯发.
You may transfer:
- Up to 45 semester credits toward an associate’s degree.
- Up to 90 semester credits toward a bachelor’s degree
- Up to 12 graduate semester credits toward a master’s degree
Other transferable work may include:
- Credits from other accredited colleges
- Credits from military training appearing on Joint Services Transcripts (JST)
- Credits evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE)
- Credits earned through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or DSST
Transfer grades lower than a C- will not be accepted.
Additional information and guidance is available to help you with transferring credits to 凯发.
Find Your Location
A 凯发 education doesn’t have to be far away. Select your nearest regional education center to see what programs they offer.
If you’re coming to a 凯发 regional location from another college, check if your previously earned credits are transferable.
Military and Veterans
Several 凯发 centers are located on bases across the U.S. Plus, we offer benefits and resources for military and veteran students.